Monday, May 11, 2009

Raw Day 10

Day 10!

Woowhoo! Ten Days Raw. That is so exciting... I am in double digits! And the best part is that I am still going strong!

Today I was able to wear a skirt and shirt to work that I have not been able to fit into for MONTHS! "OMG IT FITS!!!!" was yelled this morning, I was so excited. I even wore heels to work to celebrate, and my legs and feet didn't get one cramp in them. When I got to work everyone was like, "Wow, you look really nice today." Considering I work with all men, that really says something.

Joel, one of the guys I work with told me today, "I have noticed a change in you...I am kind of proud!" That made me laugh. Joel is all about me being raw. He thinks that it is great that I am getting healthy and that I am so pumped about it. Every day he tells me to stick with it and keep going. He really does help to keep me motivated. He rocks!

All in all I am feeling great today! I am retaining water which really sucks but that is ok. I was told that I needed to drink more water to flush it all out... So I did... I have had like 92oz of water today.. I have been running back and forth to the bathroom all day. I think that might mean that it is working.

I got a dehydrator over the weekend. I am not impressed with it. It actually sucks. It has no temperature gage or dial, so I am going to be returning. It was a major disappointment.

On the food front, my grandmother sent me a recipe for a Tangy Tomato and Mango Salad. I gave it a shot substituting some things and it was excellent. I can't believe how good tomato and mango tasted together with green onions, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. AMAZING. I am definitely going to make that a habit. It was very satisfying. I sprinkled a little sea salt over it too. Yum! For my night snack I stuffed dates with almond butter and then I drizzled them with honey. So good, and addicting. I am going to have to be careful with these cause I could eat them like candy! I think I am going to try to make fudge balls this weekend... we shall see.



I went to the gym today after work. YAY me. I found a community gym that only charges $1 a visit. So I was like... what the heck! The regular gyms around here charge $60-$80 a month with a 2 year contract... so I figured with $1 a day whenever I go and then $14 yoga class once a week, with no contract or start up fees, I am doing pretty good! I hate paying for a gym membership and then you going like maybe 5 times in the month. Such a waste. I think this will suit very nicely. It is a very decent gym too.

Positive changes..... In the last 10 days my mood has drastically improved. I am happier than I have ever been. Things aren't bothering me like the used to. I wake up with a smile and I can't wait to start my day. I am also sleeping better. The weight is coming off, though I am trying not to obsess over what the scale says. My acne is clearing up. All of my pimples are gone now, and the dark spots and scars on my face are starting to fade. Being raw is like a body miracle! I am loving everything about it.

I can't wait to post my first set of progress photos so I can actually SEE how I am doing.

Week two is going to be a piece of cake! I am totally ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment