Sunday, May 03, 2009

Day 1 Complete

As you can see I am very excited that I successfully completed my frist day of being raw. I did famously, even though I have to say that I started feeling sluggish with a headache and all I wanted was to order a pizza...and I talked MYSELF out of it on my own. Yay Me! lol.

So my raw journey actually started yesterday at 12:00am. Weird I know... but I was leaving my sister's house after babysitting m beautiful nieces, and I was like... well let me stop at the store on my way home and pick up a food processor, (Which has become my new favorite toy). While I was there I also decided to pick up some fruits and veggies just to get me started. I was going to wait until Payday, but I figured that NOW was as good a time as any. So I loaded up. Here is a picture of what my counter looked like after I unloaded all of my grocery bags. I was so excited.

You will also see a book there, which has become my bible. Alissa Cohen's
Living On Live Food. I borrowed this book from a friend and will be very sad when I have to give it back, but then again I probably should just get my own copy or see what other raw books are out there to purchase. I have become obsessed with raw blog searching also. I have found some really great ones, and the links to them can be found on the left side bar of my blog. (If anyone knows some others that I would like, leave me a comment).

So my first meal was of course breakfast and it was delicious. I just cut up 2 bananas, 7 strawberries, and put them in a bowl with a few blackberries, and then I drizzled the entire thing in raw honey to add a little taste to it. Yum! I was amazed at how pretty it looked too. There is something so satisfying about all the different colors. Next I made lettuce wraps and I put cucumbers, avacado, tomatoes, and carrots wrapped in boston lettuce leave. It was very good, but I think I am going to need to buy some sea salt for tasting. I also made a papaya and banana pudding, but I have to admit that it was not my favorite thing. I don't think that my papaya was ripe enough. I will have to be more careful next time when I buy one.

So overall
I am feeling good! I think I might have caught a cold, so I am a little goffy, but I am still excited that I completed my first day of bing 100% raw. Hopefully day 2 goes just as well! So Far So Good!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment