Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Day 3 Completed!!!

I completed my third day! I am so stoked about this. I woke up yesterday (the start of day 3) and I could tell that I was already feeling better. The cold that I had was significantly less severe, and I was in a better mood than a lot of days.
It was first day of eating raw at work. That was interesting. It made it more and more clear that I am going to have to learn how to make some of those gorgeous dishes that I have seen floating around in books and on people's blogs. It will make the bringing lunch and snacks to work a lot easier. So I think that is going to be my goal for this weekend. Wow, this weekend, I can't believe it is only Tuesday this morning. I feel like the week should be almost over, but I guess that is because of my starting my Raw Journey on a Saturday. Who knows. I also went for a walk on my lunch break yesterday day. It was only for 30 minutes, but I figure that at least I got out there and broke a sweat!
So last night I found myself
full of energy. I decided I was going to go to bed early. Yeah, that didn't happen. I ended up watching a movie and knitting. That is another thing I am finding, where while knitting before I would grow tired and my eyes would start to hurt after only knitting a row or two, last night I zipped through the rows like they were nothing. It was awesome. If this keeps up I will actually start to finish my knitting projects. That would rock!
I also found my self looking through raw blogs last night. I found a lot of recipes that I want to try. I am thinking about purchasing a dehydrator this weekend. I think in the long run, if I am to stay on
this diet....no this way of life... I need to stop calling this a diet! This is not a temporary way of being, This is a permanent change that I am making for myself. Anyway, I think getting a dehydrator would be good investment. Most of the recipes I am finding that I want to make call for you to stick part of it in the dehydrator for some length of time.
The website The Raw Test Kitchen looks awesome, and she (the owner) has it set up to where you try to make one of the recipes on her site and then you email her a picture of what you made and tell her how it worked or didn't work. I think that would be a fun weekly project and it would get me trying different things. So I am going to give that a shot. There is a work of food out there for Raw consumption if I can get myself away from salads and whole pieces of fruit.
So here we go!
Also I really want to try making Green Smoothies. I don't have a juicer... is that a problem with this? Can I just use my blender? What does everyone recommend? Any good sites for recipes? I really think that the Green Smoothie might be the way for me to go to make sure I intake all of the greens that I should in the day. Let me know what you think!

Oh yeah! I just started an email and MSN messenger account for anyone who wants to leave me a message. It is
rawbeautifulme@live.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment