Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho

I wanted to try to make soup. I was never one for a cold soup- always being afraid to try it. So I decided that I was going to try this Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho from Sarma Melngailis' book Raw Food Real World. The end result was AMAZING. It really was like summertime in a bowl. I was worried about mixing all of the peppers and onions with my watermelon, but it was a very nice combination, and the cucumber in the recipe added a nice cooling taste to the soup. I will definitely be making this often. It is one of the best things I have tried to make.
They have a very similar recipe available online at: http://www.peaceful-organic-planet.com/support-files/watermelongazpacho.pdf (See below for recipe)

No Cook Yummy Watermelon Tomato Gazpacho
Makes 4 cool and delicious servings
3 cups watermelon seeded/puree in blender
1 cup watermelon diced small
1 cup seeded tomato/diced small
1 cup peeled seeded cucumber diced small
½ cup red or green bell pepper/diced small
2 tbsp lime juice
1 small handful cilantro leaves
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 small jalapeno seeded and minced
1 green onion, mince 1 inch of the green and all the white
1 tsp sea salt
fresh black pepper
Mix the pureed watermelon with the diced watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber,
bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, ginger, jalapeno & green onion. Take a ladle
and put it into chilled soup bowls and serve.
I am sorry about the picture as well. I am going to have to get a nicer set of dishes to display what I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment