Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pistachio Pesto and Kelp Noodle Salad

I got this recipes from Ani Phyo's Ani's Raw Kitchen. It was really good. I was surprised how good the kelp noodles were. I am not going to lie, I was a little iffy about the whole thing. But the pesto and really tasty and the kelp noodles and mixed greens were a nice combination. I probably should have picked a different type of tomato to garnish, the cherry tomatoes I got were not ripe enough and they threw off the taste, but the dish was a lot better once I got rid of them. lol.
You can find this recipe and many many more at Ani's website, and the link is: http://www.aniphyo.com/2008/08/25/pistachio-pesto-with-kelp-noodles/ (See below for recipe)

Pistachio Pesto Makes 1 cup

1/2 Tablespoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pistachio
2 cups basil, fresh, lightly packed
1 Tablespoon lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
1/2 cup avocado, about 1/2 of an avo
1 Tablespoon olive oil

In your food processor, place garlic, salt, and pistachios, and process into small pieces. Next, add your basil, and process to mix. Add your lemon juice, avocado, and olive oil and process to mix well. Toss with your Kelp Noodle Salad, below.


Kelp Noodle Salad Makes 4 servings

4 cups Kelp Noodles4 cups herb or spring mix, lightly packed

Place noodles and greens in a mixing bowl, and toss with 1 cup of Pistachio Pesto.

3 comments:

  1. okay, now I'm hungry again...:-) looks good. <3 you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made this last night, thanks for the recipe! this lady from work is paying me $50 a week to make her raw food recipes for lunch every day of the week. So far so good! it only helps my lifestyle, now i can just get paid for my leftovers! and an incentive to make more creative dishes when i don't feel like it or possibly wouldn't be up to it.

    ReplyDelete