Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Picking

A couple of weeks ago I decided that I wanted to go and pick strawberries. I went online and found that I had a U-Pick place about 5 minutes from my house! How lucky was that. So I went and had a great time. I wish that I could have brought my nieces. I don't know if they have ever been to a farm, but I know they would have had a really good time. They had a little school going for the little kids where the owner was taking them around showing them all of the different things they grew there, and how to tell when the fruit was ready to be picked and so on. It was so cute to see them all running around. One of the little boys got stung by a bee though and it nearly broke my heart!

So I have been strawberry picking before, but not since I was a little girl. This was my first experience, and I have to say that I will be going back. Strawberries are over, but the blueberries and blackberries should be ready to pick soon. The Name of the farm was Crabtree Farm, and I really have to admit that it was so beautiful there. I can't wait to go back. The prices were not bad at all, much better than you pay at the produce stand, and everyone was super friendly. So as long as you do not mind sweating a little and getting dirty, I would totally say, Go with your family or by yourself! Hopefully I will be back this week... we shall see.

I have almost depleted my supply of fresh strawberries... That really makes me sad. I thought I would be good for a little bit with how many I was able to find. Guess it is back to the grocery store and produce stand for the time being.... though they wont be as pretty as the ones I picked myself... though I am probably bias. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment