Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Trying Something New

So I have come to find out the Raw Vegan life jus isnt for me at this point in time... I might come back to it later on down the road after I get myself under control. BUT that does not mean that I am not going to strive to get healthier. I went off completely of my raw vegan diet. I weighed in almost two weeks ago at 236.4 pounds. EEEEKKKK!!!!
So yeah... No good. But I have joined weight watchers.... I was very reluctant to join at first. I always saw it as something that old people did. lol. I remember my grandmother doing it with her church friends. hahaha. But my friends and family all thought that it was a great idea so I bit the bullet and went to a meeting to see if I could stand it. I had a great time, and I was very happy to see such a huge range of ages and sizes there. It made me feel a little more at ease. So meeting one 236.4 pounds. I got my point book and heard some great ideas and then went off to try one week on my own. I strayed a bit but for the most part I was right on point with my allowed points and everything. They want you to hit your point goal exactly each day. I felt like I was eating soooo much, and therefore even contemplated skipping meeting the next week. I was sure that I had gained weight. lol. But I went and SURPRISE! I lost 3.4 pounds. I am now at 233 pounds and am very anxious to see what weigh-in on Saturday is going to yield. (I took the batteries out of my home scale due to my obsession with stepping on the scale).
This week my goal is to make weight watchers recipes and see how that goes (food photos to come!) and move more. Overall I am feeling fantastic.

I will post about those things in the next couple of days.

(oh still operating with a camera phone for the time being. I swear I will get a real digital camera soon. Any suggestions???)

1 comment:

  1. Weight Watchers is supposed to be the most successful program out there, mostly because of the support you receive. Good luck!

    My friend Shannon is also working to change her lifestyle and develop healthier habits. She's not a raw vegan... perhaps her blog would be of interest to you?

    http://slowlychangingnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete