Saturday, June 26, 2010

On the Up and Up

Things are going very well here. I am working like crazy. I have been going out after work and walking/jogging. It has been really hot but I still go. That is very draining. I am trying to get into a gym, I just wish that they didnt want you to sign a contract. That kills me. Oh well. we will see what happens.
I have finished my application for the Peace Corps. I am just waiting to hear about an interview to go over my application and then get the rest of everything rolling, such as my medical and dental clearance. It is going to be a tedious process... it already has been... but I think it will be totally worth it in the end. I have to requested any specific placements, I am happy to go wherever. So we will see what happens.

Weight Watchers is still going well. I had weigh-in a day early yesterday because I am working today. I lost another 2.2 pounds... so I think that puts me at 11.4 pounds lost. :) That is excellent.

My very good friend has a book signing today. I am sad that I have to work and will be unable to attend. He did sign my book for me yesterday though. I started reading it and was surprised at how interesting it is. It is the Weiser's Field Guide to Vampires by J.M. Dixon. It takes you back and goes through everything, myths, legends, supposed encounters. The idea of vampires from different Regions and Cultures. I found that I started reading and couldn't put it down. It is very well written and I found myself wishing that my books from college were that informative and entertaining. If you have any interest in the idea of vampires and how it came about then I really do suggest you take a glance.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you have been a very busy lady. Congrats on the weight loss.

    Joining the Peace Corps? I think that is awesome! I wanted to join at one time, but was still very much under parental control so was not allowed. Then marriage and kids.

    The book sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well!
    Peace Corps is an intense but rewarding experience. I think you'll really enjoy it & learn a lot.
    I started running last week! Well, doing a combination of walking & jogging that I found on www.coolrunning.com. I'm trying to build up slowly to run the 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete