Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mr. Baggins

So..... I got a new friend!

I had told myself that after my pet cat (which I didnt get along with at all) that I was totally off pets. Then I came across a lady who had surprise half Giant Flemish bunnies and wanted to get rid of them as soon as possible. Apparently she had a female Giant Flemish and a male lionhead and because of the difference she didn't think that they could mate. So that is how Mr. Baggins came to be and how he came to be in my life.

He is growing faster than expected and I had to build him a huge rabbit cage. I made it out of those stackable wire storage cubes... I think they are Neat Idea Cubes (NIC). It was a pain in the butt doing it all by myself (Jesse and I are no longer dating). But I finally got all of the walls built, I laid black vinyl flooring on particle board for the shelves and floor of the cabe. I used the bottom of his old cage as his litter pan (he is totally litter trained) and he has a little tent at the top to sleep in. He is super cute! Since he is litter trained I let him out in the morning when I get ready for work and in the evening when I get home from work. He just hops around and when he needs to use the potty get goes back into his cage! It is awesome! He has discovered that he is big enough now to jump up onto the couch and my bed, so lately he thinks that he owns the house. We have had to have a few talking tos..... well as much as you can scold a super cute bunny names Mr. Baggins!. He seems to love his bigger cage too. Though it did take some getting used to. The first night he fell of the top floor all the way to the bottom. I am sad to say that I laughed first and then made sure he was ok... He is fine. He is a tough bunny... he slipps all the way down the stairs too, but it doesnt seem to slow him down.

In reading the breed specs for the flemish giant.... it appears that if he doesnt get enough of that lionshead breed in him I may be looking at a 20-30 pound rabbit. Lord help me if he gets that big! I will post updated pictures as he gets bigger!
I am looking at getting a little angora bunny too! That would be sooooo cute! We shall see what happens there.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! My friend has a pet bunny, and she has got so much personality! Watch your bamboo knitting needles! Apparently, they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete