Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Raw Food Lunch

So I have been making raw foods..... I am not 100% raw but I am working on it.

Todays Lunch... Green Soup and Bananas and oranges.

I wish I could say that the green soup was as good as it looks. I was not the biggest fan to be honest. I feel like it wasnt thick enough and that it was missing something. I am not sure what. Has anyone had any success with green soups? This one is basically a cucumber soup. I am open to try something else if someone has an idea that would work.
And the fruit was sooo good. I used honey tangerines instead of oranges. They were yummy!

3 comments:

  1. Adding avocado will thicken up a soup. I would start with 1/4, and increase, because it can make it REALLY thick. I like to add cayenne to my soups, and a little celery, garlic and onion. It gives them more depth of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try that! It needs something. Hopefully that will help. :) Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand about the whole 'green soup' thing. :) When I first started out making soups, they were dreadful, but following recipes helps you get in the habit of making pretty tasty ones. You should definitely check out www.choosingraw.com
    Gena has some fabulous 'blended salads' that you'll absolutely love, I'm sure.. And then hopefully it'll be easier to stay raw. :) Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete