Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nookie Nookie

For an early Christmas present I received the Barnes and Noble Nook from my mother. My sister and I both got one. We actually got really lucky because I think that she ordered them on the first day they came available for pre-order. So we were not subject to the terrible February 1st shipping date that is now the standard for pre-odering. (If you are one of the ones waiting for your nook... it is worth it!) So after all the delays and push-backs that Barnes and noble had, I finally got my nook! I have to admit that it was totally worth the wait. Never having an e-reader before I was very worried that I would not like not having an actual book in my hands. But I was very pleasantly surprised!
It is light weight and does not feel awkward to hold. I find that reading in bed is nice too because my arms are not getting tired from holding up a heavy book while I lay down.
The book selection is great, and have yet to look for a book that I was not able to come across. I was even able to find a few raw books (http://rawagain2010.weebly.com/blog.html) on e-book, so that has been awesome. Barnes and Noble has also starting accepting gift cards for e-books which makes it a lot easier buy me presents. lol.
They also have the Nook set up to where you can put your own pictures on it as your screen saver and wallpaper (pic is of my niece Gabi on Halloween) I was able to put pictures of my sister and nieces. It is nice to see their pictures every time I go to read a book. I miss the terribly and am having a hard time adjusting to their moving away. (I went to visit them over the weekend and it was very hard to leave.) You can also transfer MP3's and PDF files to it, so I have started putting some knitting patterns and raw recipes onto it for easier reference. It really works out great from me since I do not have a printer. This is much easier!
There are also a lot of covers and accessories available on B&N.com. I was to get a back cover, but I am going to wait until they actually start carrying them in the stores before I get one. I want to make sure I can see the actual colors before I purchase them. My sister has said that she would make me a sleeve for it. I am excited about it because hers is absolutely awesome!. I should get that in the mail from her any day now! :) I will post pictures of it once it comes in.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha - for most of the first paragraph I was like 'WHAT IS A NOOK?! OMG! I HAVE TO KNOW!!'
    And then you told me.
    Congrats on your gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I guess I should have put that it was an e-reader. lol. Sorry. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete