Monday, November 30, 2009

Raw Food- "Take 1" analysis

I did a little thinking and brainstorming..... The question on my mind was.... "How did I fall off of my raw diet?" I thought that this was important to go over before I dedicated myself to going 100% raw again. The reason being is that 1). If I don't recognize the elements that caused me to slip up then I could possibly slip up again, and 2). The detox symptoms are too severe going 100% raw that I do not want to repeat them again after my next round. I would like trial 2 to be the last/successful attempt at going 100% raw.

-So some things I have learned about my eating habits..... I eat when I am bored. I eat when I am stressed. I let others influence my eating. I have a big "comfort food" Problem (craving something warm and full of carbs), and I am addicted to Ice Cream.

The thing is, is that all of those cravings that I do have can ben satisfied through the raw diet. That was never an issue. I liked the food and I loved experimenting in the kitchen with prepping.

My huge problem was when I started dating. I know that may sound strange... but when you are getting to know someone how do you say to them "Oh I am sorry, I dont eat meat and I don't eat anything cooked..... So where would you like to go out to eat?" So to soothe the awkwardness that explaining my eating preferences would cause; I would go off my diet just for the date. Well, like so many have said... once you go off, it is like a snowball rolling down-hill-- and it doesnt take long to undo all of the hard work that was once done.

So the main thing to do it to start over. Do my reasearch again and make sure that I know everything that I need to know about going raw. My first attempt was a little haphazard. I watched and read the Alissa Cohen DVD and Book, looked online and read the stories of Angela Stokes and others... and was like. I can do that! Though I believe that was the right attitude, it was probably not the best timing or informed decision. I didn't know where to start and just flew by the seat of my pants.

In my recent search I have found Wendi and Jim Dee. Their success story is awesome and their website is even better. http://www.purejeevan.com/. She also has two eBooks for free... "Raw Foods 101"; and "Raw Food Recipes." Both of these are excellent! If you are looking for good motivation and a how to starting point you should check this out.

I have decided to start looking for raw food groups on the Chattanooga area. IF you know of any, please shout at me and let me know. The best way to stay successful with this, for me, is to surround myself with like-minded who will keep my on my path and talk me down from the ledge when I feel like falling off. If there is not a group in Chattanooga, I might see what I can do about starting one up. Just to get together and talk and go over things... then maybe once a month meeting for a potluck or something. Who knows, but it is an idea worth keeping right now.

My other thing that i am going to do is to keep myself busy. There are a lot of things that I want to get done. I want to work on my paintings... Maybe get an etsy shop up and going. My sister gave me her old sewing machine... so maybe it is time to try that out. I have knitting projects that I need to work on, and I have recently found a new love for terrariums that I am going to explore. I figure that While I am shrinking, I can watch things grow in my place. :) I am also going to make polymer clay figures to put in the terrariums. I figure with all of this craftiness going on it will be hard to think about food.






A couple Terrariums that I love. :)

2 comments:

  1. There is a raw group in Chattanooga. You can find them through the meetup.com website. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but look for Chattanooga and Raw and it should pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela! I would love to be your raw support buddy again... I'm going 100% raw again on January 1. I emailed you on Ravelry too about this. I have to start a new blog, since I can't get access to my old one, and I'll let you know when I have that ready. You look gorgeous, by the way! This will be a great year! :) Take care, Mary

    ReplyDelete