Thursday, November 19, 2009

Having a Hard Time

So Getting back on track has been harder than I would have imagined. When I first decided to gow raw, I just did it. I went 100% over night and ran with it. It was awesome and I felt great. Then for some reason I let boys, stress, and money issues throw me off track. I have recognized the issue and have stated that I need to get back on track, so when then is it so hard to get back to 100% raw when I know how easy it can be? I have this horrible little voice in my head saying.... "Just wait until after the holidays." I hate that voice! It is basically telling me.... "Just wait until you gain another 8 pounds that you released!" I am so mad at myself for letting myself go again.
I am working with a woman now that is motivating me to get back on track and she too is going raw, so I am thinking that between the two of us and the support that we can give each other I will be able to stay on track this time. I am cleaning out my cabinets and going grocery shopping this weekend. Hopefully I will have so fun stuff to post as far as recipes go and things that I am doing to keep me busy.
I have been writing a lot, so that has been a great distraction from food. :) I also just got an exercise bike. So I set that up in my living room in front of the TV and I will ride for a while while I watch a movie. The exercise is what needs to really happen right now. I am starting to feel a little sluggish again and I am bruising really easily. So I need to get he blood circulating again! Between the bike and my Gazelle I should be in good shape. It is too cold in the mornings to go out for a walk so hopefully this will help.
I have a recipe for raw cheese that I will be making. If I do it right I might be able to crackers out of it. We will see how that works out.

I will post more and update on my progess soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. Know what helps me, especially during the holidays? Making things to share. The holidays encourage everyone to make food to share. People bring in all kinds of unhealthy stuff to work, or over Thanksgiving dinner, etc. Now is a great time to experiment with raw recipes that intrigue you!
    Another thing that might be helpful is to say ahead of time that you're going to allow yourself to have a small sampling of your favorite unhealthy foods. That way, you aren't depriving yourself, and you're more likely to just have a small amount. I usually find that I don't even really want it when the time comes. The very act of giving myself permission takes away the 'forbidden' quality of the act, and makes it rather mundane.
    Hope that helps! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It helps a lot and I am going to give it a shot! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And don't feel you have to be 100% all the time. 80% is still amazing. Crowd out the crap with fruits and veggies. A little cooked quinoa or veg is really okay!

    ReplyDelete